SOS Intl provides comprehensive services to help clients get ready for PER-005. Standard PER-005 was approved in November 2010 by NERC requiring verification that operators are compliant and capable of performing tasks to keep the grid reliable, yet we have been providing these services for years.
Following the regulatory approval of PER-005-1, our consultants have been working tirelessly to address the concerns of our clients. Our 10-Step Process is a unique measurement and performance improvement system that will help you align your training program with the complexity of the Standard. The easiest way to describe and illustrate our methodology and tools is to review the process in sequence. The outcomes of this process allow our organization to connect objectives to tasks. Our overall process represents an evidence-based, structured approach to your Training Program.
Our process methodology evaluates and recommends areas of efficiency to save resources while building a compliant PER-005 strategy. PER-005 is more complex than PER-002 because PER-005 requires more elements and processes. Our services include these elements:
- Training program assessment (R1)
- BES company-specific reliability-related task lists (R1.1)
- Learning objectives and training materials development (R1.2)
- Capability assessment analysis (R2)
- Custom training
- Roadmap for ongoing evaluation of training
Our services follow these processes:
- Systematic Approach to Training by which you implement your Training Program (R1)
- Annual update of task list to identify new or modified tasks (R1.1.1)
- Process for including identified new/modified tasks in training (R1.1.1)
- Process for conducting an annual training program evaluation (R1.4)
- Process for implementing changes identified in the annual training program evaluation (R1.4)
- Process for re-verifying capability to perform on a new/modified task within 6 months (R2.1)