Every year hundreds of professionals get certified as a System Operator. The SOS System Operator NERC Certification: Exam Preparation Program provides the fundamental knowledge relating to the NERC Certification Content Outlines
and the basic principles of the Bulk Electric System. There are four specialty examinations that focus on different areas.
These four exams include:
At SOS Intl, our NERC Certification: Exam Preparation Program will assess your individual training needs and guide you through a start to finish program designed to provide you with the basic concepts and knowledge needed to be successful on the NERC exam. Our program utilizes a systematic approach to training and will take into account different learning styles.
Our Program follows these steps:
1. SOS NERC Pre-Assessment Evaluation
- assesses what basic knowledge you have of the Bulk Electric System and the NERC Certification Content Outlines.
Our Program is then tailored to the student. Depending on the outcome of the assessment, taking Introduction to Grid Operations with Simulation
may be recommended before starting the program.
- Introduction to Grid Operations with Simulation Class - is recommended for anyone new to the energy industry. It uses a blended combination of instructor-led exercises and simulation activities to introduce the student to the interconnected power system.
- PowerStarters Online - introduces the new operator or marketer to the power grid, its components, and operations.
2. SOS NERC Certification: Exam Preparation Online - is a web-based program based on the NERC testing standards. This course provides a good foundation of prerequisite knowledge for exam candidates.
3. SOS NERC Certification: Exam Preparation Instructor-led Class - a three day, fast-paced comprehensive final review preparing students with test-taking tips, study hints and a variety of resources that will give an added edge in taking the NERC Exam. This class also focuses on the NERC Certification Content Outline for the exams. Our NERC Trainer's have extensive backgrounds in adult learning theory, the power industry, and hold System Operator Certifications.
4. End of Program Exam (OHM Exam) - gives you four exam options depending on your NERC certification track containing test questions covering relevant content areas. Each test has a specific concentration depending on which specialty examination you are taking.
Instructor Mentoring is also available for one-on-one guidance as needed. Our NERC Trainers can analyze a student's exam preparation history and recommend a path for success based on an individual's knowledge and experience.
SOS has over 380 continuing education hours and is recognized as a NERC continuing education provider who adheres to the program criteria. Continuing education hours are maintained and supported by the use of SOS University's Learning Management System and all credits are integrated as well as automatically reported to NERC SOCCED.
No matter what stage you are in with your certification, SOS provides everything from beginning preparation, continuing education hours, simulation courses, emergency operations, and advanced courses for the seasoned System Operator.